01 February 2009

OH!

I almost forgot to tell you.

I saw Scott today.
Went to the grocery store. (He wasn't there when I first got there, though.)
I saw him. He saw me.
EYE CONTACT.

...BUT!
There is a good chance he didn't recognize me.
Yes.
Because...
He hasn't seen me in at least six months.
And I have changed a LOT in appearance during that time.
Example:

If you only knew me as this,





Would you recognize me as this? 6-7 months later?


I was talking on the phone with my sister when I saw Scott. I walked to the end of an aisle, and there he was, at the closest register, ringing someone's groceries up. He looked up. I looked over. Eyes met.
I lifted two of my fingers that were holding onto my phone in casual greeting, then turned back around before I could give away any emotion I might have (the second time in one day that I started hyperventilating, nearly).

Now, as I re-think the incident, I don't remember seeing any sign of recognition cross his face.
But at the same time... I am the only Caucasion female with dreadlocks in my town. I'm pretty sure he knows that.
I did "wave"...
He probably wouldn't expect me to wave...
I didn't smile, either. My face remained nearly emotionless as I talked to my sister.
It is usually my smile that gives me away in my old pictures...
He hasn't texted, messaged, or called me since then.
If he'd realized it was me, he might've tried to contact me to talk.

So I'm assuming he didn't recognize me after all!
I love being able to hide in my own town.

No comments:

Post a Comment