Tonight is bound to be a fairly eventful night.
It is going to snow!
Now, it is not often we get snow where I live.
In fact, if we get snow at all, it is usually only a few short flurries, hardly enough to give the ground a tint of white color.
But tonight, after midnight, it is going to snow well into tomorrow. The weather report calls for 2-4 inches. More or less in certain areas. I live right in the middle of where the snow is expected to fall most.
Tomorrow, CCCC will be closed. I will be home all day. "Snowed in."
Yes, 2-4 inches is a big deal here. Everything is closed. Everyone stays home.
I am looking forward to it.
I plan to take a camera out into the woods while my siblings sled down our hill behind the house.
I want to capture the magic of winter.
The mystical aura of first snow.
But tonight, as I await the arrival of the white magic, I will use last night's inspiration in a few potential paintings. Maybe drawings.
I'm not too sure yet.
But it will be beautiful. If not to me, to somebody else.
I have not listened to any music since this morning when I woke to Rue des Cascades by Yann Tiersen, but I have had a song by Yann in my head all day. J'y Suis Jamais Allé is the name of the song. Absolutely beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment