13 January 2009

Bother.

You'll never believe what happened today.
I was kicked out of the Student Center at CCCC.
For having a hamster (the lady probably thought it was a mouse, though).

The story:
Daly, Amy, and I were sitting at a table in the Student Center. Daly and I were having tea. Amy was "reading" her Literature homework and eating a cereal bar.
After a little while, I noticed a lady at a table across me, staring at me.
I looked up, felt uncomfortable, looked away.
And repeated the process once or twice.
I told Daly, eventually.
Amy agreed that the lady was clearly staring at me.
(This lady, she had shoulder length, straight, gray hair. She looked older. And she looked quite disgruntled.)
Well, it wasn't long after Amy, Daly, and I were discussing that, that the lady got up and walked over to me.
She said, "You cannot have that in a restaurant."
I said, "Okay."
"You're going to have to leave."
"Okay."
So we packed up our bookbags and tea and walked semi-quickly out the back door.
Let me say a few things, first, though.
The Student Center is technically not a restaurant. A Subway just opened in there, yes, but the chairs and tables that surround the area are not only for the occasional snack or meal, but for studying and socializing at.
Also, I have talked to the security guards in there. The New Zealand security guard asked about Dormir while we were in there just the other day and I told her that I had him in my sleeve.
She had no problem with him. If there was a rule that I was breaking, she would be the first to tell me.
Amy, Daly, and I ended up walking around for the next 20 minutes or so. In the freezing cold. Matthew saw us and joined us (WHY IS HE EVERYWHERE).
At one point, Rocky, the other security guard, drove over to us on his golf cart and said to me, "Don't bring your friends in the cafeteria, please."
"Oh, you heard about that, huh?"
"Yeah,"
"Who was that, anyway?" I had never seen her before.
"That's Janet. She works in the mailroom. She's worked here for quite a few years."
"Ah..."
After a few more words, he drove away.
Daly said, "I can't believe she complained to a security guard..."

When I got home, later, I took one rock out of the basket.


So I have decided there are three people I avoid.
Scott.
Matthew.
That lady.

But hey. That's only three.
I'm sure there are a lot of people with more than three on their "Avoid" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment