Dormir is not doing so well.
I don't know what's wrong with him.
This morning, he was acting perfectly fine.
He woke me up for the second morning in a row by chewing on his wheel and "digging" in his box, making me want to remove everything from his cage so I could sleep...
I took him with me to church.
The ride up there, he was fine. He slept in my shirt most of the time.
When we got there, he started acting a little strange...
Sluggish.
So I held him, tried to keep him warm and whatnot.
During the service, Daly held him for a bit.
Towards the end, I held him again.
He didn't appear to be doing any better.
By lunch time, he was acting like something was definitely wrong.
At lunch, he sort of stretched himself out so he looked a bit flat and all his limbs were pointing in all directions.
I held him close to me and tried to keep him warm (he seemed to be losing body heat)
He started breathing irregularly, so I eventually put him in the jar I keep in my bag (in case an animal starts misbehaving, or I go somewhere where animals are not allowed). He stayed in there the rest of the afternoon.
When we got home, I took him out (he wasn't "flat" or spread out anymore) and tried to give him food. He didn't even smell the food.
I took a syringe and gave him a little water.
I think he drank some...
I then put him in his box with his food and water close by.
After about 20 minutes, I decided that was not going to keep him warm.
So I took him out (he was a bit cold..) and put him in my shirt (I did that with Kettricken that one time she was acting odd, and I think it helped her get better).
So now he is still in my shirt.
His breathing seems to have gotten regular again.
He is even moving his head slightly.
But I can tell he's still not doing well at all. I took him out a little while ago to see how he was doing. He didn't move in my hand, but just kind of sat there. He's limp, when I hold him.
I don't think that's good..
So please, please pray for Dormir.
He's been such a good hamster.
I don't want to lose him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment