28 December 2008

Sunday with Daly.

Well today was a good day.
My happy wagon has completely recovered with a grand total of 17 rocks in.
Daly came to our house around 8:40am. Dad saw he was here first and went to get... yes, his shotgun.
And he sat down at the end of the kitchen table facing the living room, so the first thing Daly would see would be him cleaning his shotgun.
Lovely.
Daly and I later talked about the "incident" and he said he was probably holding his breath the whole time until my Dad put away the shotgun.
It was quite hilarious, I admit. I laughed the whole time, pretty much.
We went to church. Daly was awfully quiet (in his speech) the whole ride up there. Upon arriving at church, things got progressively better until he was acting quite himself.
We went to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. My siblings, Daly, and I shared two pizzas. Their White Pizza is so delicious...
We walked Southpoint Mall for a bit before going to Petsmart. Antoine was not there, but Grayson was. I asked for fifteen crickets and (though I did not count), I'm pretty sure he gave me a bit more than fifteen.
Sad thing: I spent 2 dollars on the crickets (well, technically only $1.69, but I don't count the loose change).
While at Petsmart, I discovered Daly got an iPod Touch for Christmas. I had somewhat been suspicious of this. And when he started saying something about him knowing "someone who got an iPod Touch for Christmas and won't be needing his 30GB iPod anymore" I had a feeling he was referring to himself...
He also mentioned that the 30GB iPod was free...
Well, it wasn't until after Petsmart that I knew for sure he was talking about his old iPod.
He took it out of his shirt pocket when we got in the car. Handed it to me. Waited. I looked at it. Looked at him. Asked him if he wanted any money for it. He said no.
"Well. That was easy." I said.
He handed me the iPod synchronization cord and got out his iPod Touch to show me some neat stuff that it could do.
So I guess there is no longer a need for me to save up $267.50.
I will continue to save my money, though. Just in case this iPod were to randomely break.
Also, my sister's birthday is coming up next. February 19th.
Scott's is on February 10th. He'll be eighteen...
*sigh*
But then my birthday will be on March 18th! I'm considering not mentioning it...
I'll either do that, or actually say something about it.
I don't know.
I am planning to not do much for my birthday, though. At least, as of now. We'll see how things look as we get closer to the day...

But anyhow, it was a good day.
We took Daly home. He lives like, two minutes away from where my Grandma used to live. His parents like to talk.... Mine do too.... That can be a bad combination, if you know what I mean.
So we ended up staying at Daly's house for nearly an hour. I got to see their goats, huge dogs, fields, front yard, his climbing tree that is apparently quite difficult to climb (it certainly looks difficult), and his house. Well, a good part of it. The kitchen, the hallway, a glimpse of the living room (it looked rather... decorated), and his room.
His room is smaller than I imagined it to be.
But I also got to see Pocket Mouse!
I had a couple of opportunities to play some Yann Tiersen on the piano... But I didn't. I kind of wish I did.
Next time, I WILL.
I'll make myself.
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment