25 December 2008

Not a Creature Was Stirring...

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

Even though it's only been Christmas for an hour and a few minutes, lovely things have already happened.
Daly and I spent about 36 minutes deciding if we'd open the gifts we gave each other tonight, or wait until tomorrow morning. Eventually, he flipped a coin.
Tails for tonight, heads for tomorrow.
And it landed on tails.
So I opened his handmade card first. It was really quite hilarious. I love it.
Then he opened one of his gifts (I gave him two). The first he opened was a book called The Tale Of Despereaux. It is my own copy. And such a beautiful book, it is. I even included the bookmark I used while reading it.
Then I opened my gift. Carefully unwrapping it (I got the wrapping paper off all in one piece!), I saw that whatever it was that he had given me was in a box.
The box itself was your typical Belk box. Gray and whatnot. But what made it special was, he had drawn all over it! Little drawings of memories like Water Pipe Fairies, Mr. Stumpf, Pocket Mouse, bad cat, and a few other random things (including a drawing of a mouse he did with his left hand).
I cut all the tape holding the box together. Inside was..... a beautiful, colorful scarf! Very soft. It looks somewhat expensive. And wrapped in the scarf was a CD! It was the soundtrack to August Rush! (My favorite movie of all time.)
So I folded the wrapping paper and put the bow and card and tag from the scarf inside the gift box. I'm saving it. All of it.
He opened his other gift. I had bought him a really cool (I think) journal. It's got a music-themed cover.
He likes it! And, what's kind of funny is, he said, "Last time I was in a book store, I found myself a journal for when I start one next year...
I picked one out, and I continued looking around until my mom called me and told me it was time to go. I had all intentions of buying it. But as I walked to the counter, I oddly changed my mind and sat it down and left."
I found that interesting.
Also, he said, "I think your gifts are potentially going to be my favorite this year."
So now, it is quite late and I ought to be asleep. I will likely be a tad tired tomorrow. But I don't really care. It was worth staying up tonight. Completely worth it.
But I believe it is a good idea to get some rest.
Christmas Day is usually a big day..

No comments:

Post a Comment