Yesterday was my birthday.
The day before that was St. Patrick's Day. I found two four leafed clovers. One I pressed in a book. The other I made a mini letter for Daly out of.
My birthday was the best birthday I've ever had.
I think Daly had a lot to do with it.
He is my best friend. I think best friends make birthdays 100 times better.
I have not had a birthday like this... in so long, if ever before.
It started out with my Mom waking me with singing the birthday song. I checked my phone. Daly had texted me at 12:35am wishing me happy birthday(that is when I was born) and Troy had texted me just 30 minutes before I woke to wish me happy birthday.
I texted them both back and went on with my morning.
Went to school. Got there almost before Daly.
Amy wasn't in Spanish.
Daly and I raced to get tea before Matthew came into the Student Center.
We ran out to the back of campus where the parking lots are.
We ended up adventuring in the woods.
I scraped my foot on a RUSTY (emphasis because of Daly..) piece of metal. It broke the skin. Daly made a big deal about it bleeding.
I have survived, though.
After only adventuring a short ways, we had to turn back because class would start soon. First we went to Daly's car to get my birthday gift. I ended up leaving it in his car during my class (it would've attracted attention since I would've had no place to put it except on the table during class).
Amy wished me happy birthday before Literature class.
Daly and I went back out to his car before Grandma came to pick me up. I did not open the gift, for lack of time.
Grandma came. I ate at La Dolce Vita with her. She gave me a card with $20 in it and took me to Walmart. I bought a pair of pants, a pair of capris, some black thread, two packets of seeds (for Daly's secret garden), and some beads for my hair.
I went to Taekwondo. Master Vincent's birthday is tomorrow. We brought him some balloons yesterday.
After Taekwondo, I went home, did some homework, went to youthgroup (brought the gift with me (I planned to open it in front of Daly, since he gave it to me and whatnot)). Ended up forgetting to open it.
Got a mouse.
Wee baby mouse.
So cute.
I need a name.
Something small, female, and pretty.
Unique, too.
Daly got a mouse, too.
To replace Pocket Mouse so his parents don't find out that she died.
*sigh*
But yes.
The kids at youthgroup sang happy birthday to me.
I went home (with gift and mouse).
Texted Daly that I was going to open his gift.
I did.
Guess what was inside.
A cardboard box.
Yes.
Guess what was in that?
Another box.
Yes.
BUT IT IS A SPECIAL BOX.
It is made of wood. Made by Daly. It is beautiful. On the top is has our mini letter insigna thing. With the star and the D as the seal for a letter.
It's beautiful.
And inside...
There was a card.
Handmade card.
I opened it and it had numerous little sketches of various memories Daly and I have shared. Everything from the first day at CCCC, things that happened with Mr. Stumpf, Taekwondo, and our Duel of the Immortals (really just an arm wrestle which he won 2 out of 3 (and incidentally, we plan to arm wrestle again tomorrow!)).
Underneath the card there were...
6 boxes of Tazo tea!
All six were the assorted kind (he asked me about a month ago what my favorite teas are, and I told him "I don't know..." so he got assorted, I'm assuming. Haha.)
So now I have 12 tea bags of 20 kinds of tea!
Three of them I REALLY like. I hadn't remembered those when he asked me. But it's all good because I have them all, now.
It is an amazing gift. It really is.
Oh! He also paid the $2 for my mouse. That was nice of him, I think.
He also says he's going to get me the Yanni CD that I've been wanting. But he is ordering it online, so it won't come for a few days.
The whole day was... wonderful.
My happy wagon.
It is full.
100%
Happiness.
It's never been like that before.
But I've finally been able to put the rock Daly gave me in the basket.
(I told him it was the 20th rock and that it would go in only when I was 100% happy.)
So it has been a very nice past two days.
Today wasn't so bad either.
My happy wagon is stable.
So that's a good sign.
I think I will sleep now, though.
Early day tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment