Ah, the day of Christmas. Something I will now have to wait 365 days to experience again.
It started out quite nice. I was woken by the sound of Christmas music and the voices of my parents wishing us a Merry Christmas. My siblings and I ventured downstairs and unwrapped the little stocking stuffers in our stockings. I got toothpaste... And deodorant... Also the next Hallmark ornament in the series my parents started giving me each year starting with my first Christmas.
We ate breakfast after the stockings. Scrambled eggs. Cranberry juice. Baklava(I was the only one to have it, though).
We all moved to the sofas in the family room by the Christmas tree...
And began opening our gifts.
I got rocks.
Seriously.
I asked for them, though. They're decorational for fish bowls and stuff. I also got more toothpaste. (Are they trying to tell me something??)
I also received granola bars (why am I not surprised...), a capo, guitar tuner, guitar strings, an reeds air freshener thing, an African robe(it's actually quite neat), Martian Child (second favorite movie!), Ratatouille, The Fragile Army by The Polyphonic Spree, and a few other miscellaneous gifts.
My brother gave me aspen wood shavings for Dormir's new house. He also gave me hamster food.
My sister gave me two necklaces and a pair of earrings. They're very lovely.
And the last gift I opened (by the instruction of my mother) was a bunch of rabbit skins. I found this wonderful because I have been wanting to make a blanket out of a bunch of rabbit pelts. It's so warm and soft.
So then, it was over. Christmas was over. It was about 11:30am. So at least it all lasted a few hours.
It's amazing. You wait 365 days for it to get here, and it's all over in a couple of hours. If that.
Well, I took my gifts upstairs into my room and began finding places for things like the granola bars and such.
Dad called me and my siblings back downstairs after about thirty minutes and had us all sit in the places we had sat to open the gifts again.
He then proceeded to hand us each a gift. My sibling's gifts both looked like nicely shaped boxes. Mine was a bit lumpy. And heavy.
I unwrapped mine first... it was.... more rabbit skins! I counted them all later and I have a total of 42 rabbit pelts! That is plenty enough to make a blanket. Just the right amount, really. Six across, seven down. Perfect.
My sister opened her gift next. She had... a small pink FujiFilm camera! It looked expensive.
My brother's gift was a nice video camera. It also looked a tad on the expensive side...
I took the rabbit pelts upstairs and laid them all out on my floor to see how many I had. I counted. Then spaced them out in the shape of my bed. Yes, I had enough. Just perfectly.
Lunch was made up of a few random snacks. I cannot even recall what I had. Probably a cookie or something.
I finished putting away my gifts and organizing my mess of a room unitl about 3:30pm when we drove to my grandpa's house.
There was food, family, conversation, laughter, silly cousins, dogs, guns (loud and random... The menfolk were shooting at a target), and of course, presents after supper.
My "personal" gifts aunt gave me four bottles of Jones Soda.
It is apparant she does not know me all that well.
I am going to attempt to sell the sodas to one or both of my siblings.
My grandpa gave me $25, and someone else gave me $5.
Add that to my ten dollars I made by cleaning bathrooms around the house, and I've only got to save up $227.50 more to get that iPod Classic.
My plan is to get it by the end of March.
Oh, I brought Dormir to Grandpa's house. All my extended family reacted well to him.
My "personal" gifts aunt told me about some random disease that hamsters can get and was warning me that if Dormir got stressed, he'd die.
Which yes, that is very likely to be true...
But I have a feeling if he was going to get stressed about little things, he'd already be dead.
I'm not worried about him.
I was just hoping her holding him and talking about him like that wouldn't spread that "curse" of dying hamsters (her daughter had two hamsters at different times and they both died fairly quickly).
So yes. That was the only slightly negative thing to happen, really.
Nobody commented on my dreads.
I expected that, though. They didn't really say anything at Thanksgiving either..
Now I'm home. Dormir is sleeping in his new tea box. He seems to e enjoying his new home.
I think I'd like to watch Ratatouille. The question is... how late will I be staying up if I do that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment