This is a new post.
And the short version my occupancy over the last few weeks.
I have gone to middle school camp as part of the kitchen staff for the camp. It was exhausting work, but very entertaining with Shawn-e on the job.
I have gone to high school camp as a camper, which was surprisingly not as fun as being part of the kitchen staff.. Probably because a few individuals would not leave me alone...
And I have come back home. Daly is happy I am back. Very happy.
My animals... well, I think they're happy.
Despereaux is definitely happy to be back. I took him to high school camp. His sleep was interrupted ALL the time. It made him a bit cranky.
So now I am back. And it's good to be back.
But I definitely did not miss the way my Mom acts...
I quite enjoyed being away from her, I am ashamed to say.
It makes me wish for the days when I'm moved out..
Daly has given me hope. He says we'll buy a bit of land somewhere remote and live there one day. It sounds very nice.
And after college, he and I are planning to bike around the country everywhere. Stop by any place for as long as we like. Have no particular schedule. It will be grand, and it excites me.
Daly came and visited me while I was at camp on Wednesdays.
After he left, later that day and the next day, people would ask me who he was, and when I answered "best friend," they would say things like, "You should date him." or like, "I think you guys should marry each other. You're like, perfect together."
And I know I love Daly..
And I know he loves me..
And though we aren't like that, boyfriend and girlfriend type of thing, I have to agree with them.
I think, one day, we'll get married.
What better way for two people who love each other to spend their lives?
And... last year at the Radiant Girls Retreat thing, I had made two decisions.
1. Nobody gets a kiss until my wedding day. Then I will give my first kiss to my husband.
2. I will marry my best friend.
Now... I have not told ANYONE the second one. At the time, when I decided those, I had what some might call a "boyfriend" but no best friend.
So I am not telling Daly about my second decision until I am older... Potentially 22.
And that age is important because an adult that I respect once told me that 22 is a good age to start considering marriage.
Anytime before that could potentially get in the way with school stuff.
And besides, I don't need a boyfriend. I plan to never have one. After all, I will be marrying my best friend..
And my best friend makes me very happy. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment